ENGINEERING MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.
As the pioneer of the linear motion system and the patent innovator of Caged Technology, THK continues to be the preferred world leader in re-circulating, ball linear motion guide technology. When engineers select THK as their motion control partner, they get the benefit of THK’s industry leading Global Engineering Team of Linear Motion Experts.
THK has developed a line of products that incorporateTHK’s latest innovation – Caged Technology that separates rolling elements with a synthetic resin cage that retains grease, and reduces maintenance costs.
Caged Technology offers these specific benefits:
- Higher load capacities allow space-saving alternatives for design in smaller guides.
- Increased operating speeds for higher production quantities.
- Long-term, maintenance-free – 3x longer than others providing more than 30,000 kM of continuous operation.
- No vibration “noise” from ball-to-
ball contact allows for high precision applications to run with smoother motion.
- Heat from friction is drastically reduced because the rolling elements never touch.
- Ultra-low particulate generation assures greater reliability in “clean” environments.
THK’s experienced Global Engineering Team can provide customized linear motion solutions with our standard linear motion products as well as our mechatronics products for your most demanding applications.
Model SRG is an ultra- high rigidity Roller Guide that uses roller cages
to prevent rollers from skewing, thus allowing low-friction, smooth motion and achieve long-term maintenance-free operation.
- Ultra-high Rigidity – A higher rigidity is achieved by using highly rigid rollers as the rolling elements and having the overall roller length (L) more than 1.5 times greater than the roller diameter (Dw).
- Smooth Motion through Skewing Prevention – The roller cage allows rollers to form an evenly spaced line while recirculating, thus preventing the rollers from skewing (tilt of rollers) as the block enters a loaded area. As a result, fluctuation of the rolling resistance is minimized and smooth stable motion is achieved.
- 4-way Equal Load – Since each row of rollers is arranged at a contact angle of 45o so that the LM block receives an equal load rating in all four directions (radial, reverse radial and lateral directions), high rigidity is ensured in all directions.
- Long term Maintenance-free Operation – Use of the roller cage eliminates friction between rollers and enables the lubricant to be retained in grease pockets formed between adjacent rollers. As the rollers recirculate, the grease pocket serves to provide the adequate amount of lubricant to achieve long-term maintenance-free operation.
This Rolled Ball Screw feed achieves a DN value of 100,000 by using a
new circulation structure. Since the nut outer diameter and the mounting holes of this model are dimensionally interchangeable with the previous model BTK, model BTK can be replaced with this model.
Caged Ball LM Guide Actuator model SKR
Caged Ball LM Guide Actuator model SKR is a compact actuator that has a inner block consisting of LM blocks and a ball screw nut integrated inside a U-shaped outer rail. In addition, this model achieves high speed operation, lower noise and longer-term maintenance-free operation by using ball cages in the LM Guide units and the Ball Screw unit. (A ball cage is used only for the LM guide section of models SKR20 and SKR26 and the ball screws are fitted with QZ lubricators.)
4-way Equal Load
Each row of balls is arranged at a contact angle of 45o so that the rated load on the inner block is uniform under loads applied to the inner block in the four directions (radial, reverse radial and lateral directions). As a result, model SKR can be used in any mounting orientation.
Micro Cross-Roller Ring Model RAU
The all-new micro-size Cross-Roller Ring RAU achieves rotary motion in a compact package.
- Micro Cross-Roller Ring with inner diameter of 10 mm and outer diameter of 21 mm
- More compact than a conventional angular contact ball bearing
- Spacer retainer enables smooth movement and high rotation accuracy
In the RAU, the rollers travel on the V-shaped raceways ground into the inner and outer rings.
- Alternating rollers are arrayed orthogonally so that one bearing can support loads and moments in any direction. Also, because of the integrated structure, the RAU can be used for either inner ring or outer ring rotation.
The RAU is more compact and lighter weight than a double row angular contact ball bearing. It is also more rigid, even though it is made as compact as possible.
• The cross-sectional area of the model RAU is 57% smaller than the Cross-Roller Ring model RA, which was previously the thinnest ever. This enables further weight reduction. The line-up also includes other models whose inner diameters are the smallest to date: 10, 15, 20, 30, and 40mm.
The cross-sectional area of the model RAU is 57% smaller than the Cross- Roller Ring model RA, which was previously the thinnest ever. This enables further weight reduction. The line-up also includes other models whose inner diameters are the smallest to date: 10, 15, 20, 30, and 40mm.