The 2018 Excellence in Surgical Products Awards will be presented in the November/December issue of Surgical Products. Leading up to the publication of that issue, nominees will be featured on the Surgical Products website.
Product description and innovation synopsis:
EZout is a powered Acetabular Revision System that gives you precise, clean cuts during acetabular cup removal.
Its other features include:
- Universal cup removal system
- Dedicated handpiece with unique oscillating, rotational cutting motion
- Blades with curved tooth geometry and dual curvature radii to precisely follow the contour of the cup
What sets this product apart from others available in the industry?
EZout is the first powered acetabular cup removal system for hip revisions. All other cup-removal systems are manual systems.
How does this product benefit the surgical team and aid in better outcomes?
- 83 percent less stress in the bone, reducing the potential for fracture or damage
- 60 percent less bone loss after reaming
- Requires a narrower operative space than manual tools
- Consistently removes the cup in 3-5 minutes
- Requires 78 percent less physical exertion to remove a cup
- Appropriate for all approaches, including direct anterior and other MIS
- Results from a comparative study submitted for publication using synthetic bone material in a controlled environment.