The 2018 Excellence in Surgical Products Awards will be presented in the November/December issue of Surgical Products. Leading up to the publication of that issue, nominees will be featured on the Surgical Products website.
Product description and innovation synopsis:
The Via-Guard surgical suction set combines two independent classic suction instruments, the Yankauer and the Poole, into one convenient device that serves both functions, Tip and Poole suction. The Yankauer tip mode is easily converted to Poole mode with the Via-Guard converter sleeve. Without changing instruments, surgeons can change suction mode. The patented design is unique in the healthcare industry.
What sets this product apart from others available in the industry?
Designed with instrument grade quality, both plastic and stainless steel, the Via-Guard is disposable with unparalleled clog-free performance. Made in three models — STANDARD Plastic Yankauer, VASCULAR Stainless-Steel Andrews-Pynchon, and CLASSIC Stainless-Steel Yankauer — the Via-Guard offers a unique solution that covers most surgical suction needs that may be required throughout all major surgical disciplines. No other suction instrument offers this degree of performance, versatility, or efficiency.
How does this product benefit the surgical team and aid in better outcomes?
- Always clean and sterile
- Consolidates inventory
- Eliminates reprocessing
- Eliminates risk of SSIs caused by uncleanable suction instruments
Instrument grade quality
- Replaces existing inventories of suction instruments with one device of instrument grade quality and superior clog-free performance.
- Streamlines supply chain and inventory management.
Clog-free superior performance
- Improves surgical efficiency by removing fluids and irrigation from body cavities and wounds without clogging. This improves efficiency, work flow, and visibility while protecting patients from suction injury to soft tissues.
- Instrument grade quality provides ergonomic features that deliver confidence, control, and precision to the hands of the end users.