LUMEDX Corp., a provider of integrated cardiovascular data intelligence and imaging services, was selected to provide a cardiovascular information system for two Alabama hospitals in the Marshall Medical Centers group.
The company’s HealthView platform was chosen for its analytics, 24/7 customer service, and the ability to integrate disparate systems with a single sign-on, according to Marshall. It will provide the facilities with comprehensive cardiovascular data management that leverages existing clinical systems, connects isolated data sources, integrates with the enterprise electronic health record, eliminates redundant data collection, and provides data intelligence tools so information can be used to make changes in the service line.
“This technology allows physicians to log in from an office or even at home to see a patient’s cardiovascular studies before they leave for the hospital,” Wade Wright, Marshall’s director of diagnostic Imaging, said in a statement. “Being able to access the system from anywhere is saving doctors two to four hours a day on their reports.”
IN making the announcement, the following additional project goals were identified:
- By connecting and housing all cardiovascular information from the two hospitals in a dedicated data repository, Marshall can repurpose data to analyze, act on areas of improvement, and significantly reduce manual efforts and errors.
- By automating physician structured reporting across all modalities, Marshall can decrease abstraction and transcription costs.
- By utilizing visual dashboards for strategic analysis, administration and staff will be able to identify areas with the greatest opportunity for improvement and make changes that result in significant savings.
Applications to be deployed via the HealthView platform at the medical centers include:
- CardioPACS image management
- Analytics dashboards and reports
- ECG management
- Workflow management tools for: Cath and Echo, including physician reporting; Peripheral Vascular – Invasive
- Integration suite
Founded in 1956, Marshall Medical Centers features 100-plus physicians, 25 specialties, seven outpatient centers, two hospitals, and a staff of more than 1,200 healthcare professionals.