The new Purair RX from Air Science is designed to protect the user and the environment from hazardous powders and particulates that are generated on the work surface. The Purair RX is available in 24, 36 and 48 in. models.
Innovative ductless technology inherent in the Purair product line creates a safe work environment in a wide variety of applications throughout the industry. The Class I enclosure meets USP 800 requirements for non-sterile compounding procedures.
Some of the Purair RX’s features are:
- Operator protection from powder and particle hazards encountered during non-sterile compounding;
- SafeSwitch Filter Shutter System (optional) for safer bag-in/bag-out filter exchange;
- Innovative filter clamping eliminates by-pass leakage;
- Exhaust canopy allows for thimble ducting to the facility exhaust system;
- Airflow monitor with low airflow alarm built-in; and
- Compliance with USP 800 guidelines, which specify hazardous materials must be compounded within the proper work environment associated with both sterile and non-sterile products and preparations.