BioGenex, a leader in molecular pathology including fully automated systems for cancer diagnosis introduced EZ-AR2 Elegance.
EZ-AR2 Elegance is a one-step solution for preparation of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue sections for IHC staining. The high throughput system is designed to perform de-wax, rehydration, and antigen retrieval all in one simple step, processing about 100 slides in less than 30 minutes. The EZ-AR2 Elegance solution produces IHC staining results for over 400 antibodies, when used with the EZ-Retriever high-performance temperature-controlled microwave system or the Xmatrx fully automated staining system.
Enhanced antigen retrieval allows higher dilution of antibodies and shortens incubation times for many antibodies allowing for reduced cost and increased throughput.
All-at Once -The unique superheating properties of EZ-AR2 Elegance performs, de-wax, rehydration and Antigen Retrieval all in one-step, simple protocol. The system helps increase throughput and produce faster staining results.
All-in-One – The EZ-AR2 system was tested with over 400 antibodies of various immunoglobulin isotypes (IgG1, IfG2 and IgM) and species (mouse and rabbit) and produced enhanced antigen retrieval with intense, clean, crisp and consistent IHC staining. The EZ-AR2 Elegance solution provides superior staining for over 95% of the antibodies tested, while the other 5% performs slightly better with the EZ-AR1 Elegance Solution. The Elegance system eliminates the need to use multiple antigen retrieval solutions for different Abs, saving time, reducing complexity, and preventing human error.
The Clean, Environmentally Friendly and Cost Effective Elegance System is designed to be reused up to 4 times and can process 100 slides in each run, in less than 30 minutes. The system uses non-toxic, non-hazardous aqueous solutions. Due to the unique superheating properties and high boiling temp of the system there is no evaporation nor spills during the de-wax, rehydration and antigen retrieval process.
“We are proud to bring the most important development in the antigen retrieval field since we invented the technique in 1988 . This long sought solution will finally allow complete standardization of the IHC staining process,” said Dr. Krish Kalra, founder and CEO of BioGenex.