NATICK, Mass., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) today announced its schedule of major events and sponsored research at the 32nd Annual Scientific Sessions of the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), May 4 – 7 in San Francisco. The scheduled clinical presentations will provide new insights for physicians who treat patients with heart disorders including sudden cardiac arrest, atrial fibrillation and heart failure.
Schedule of Events (All times are PT, with events to be held at the Moscone Center unless otherwise indicated.)
Wednesday, May 4
- 23rd Annual Michel Mirowski Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symposium and Award Presentation. The Company will sponsor the 23rd Annual Michel Mirowski Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symposium and Award Presentation from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Yerba Buena Salon 9 Ballroom at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis Hotel. The event will begin with a welcome from Kenneth Stein, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Cardiac Rhythm Management for Boston Scientific, followed by recognition of program moderator and 2010 award recipient, Jose Jalife, M.D. The ceremony will also honor this year’s Mirowski Award recipient, Silvia Priori, M.D., Ph.D., with an award presentation by Ariella Mirowski Rosengard, M.D. It will culminate with presentations by Dr. Priori, Arthur Moss, M.D., and Jagmeet Singh, M.D., Ph.D., focusing on sudden cardiac death, cardiac resynchronization therapy and left ventricular lead strategies.
- The Association of Atrial Fibrillation, ICD and CRT-D Shocks and Mortality in Patients Participating in Remote Device Follow-Up. David A. Cesario, M.D., Michael Cao, M.D., Brian Powell, M.D., Yong-Mei Cha, M.D., Samuel Asirvatham, M.D., John Day, M.D., Nicholas Wold, M.S., F. Roosevelt Gilliam, III, M.D., and Leslie A. Saxon, M.D., will present findings during a featured poster session from 5:45 to 7 p.m. in Moscone West, 2nd Floor Lobby.
Thursday, May 5
- Gender Differences in CRT Response: Insights From the SMART-AV Clinical Trial. Alan Cheng, M.D., Michael Gold, M.D., Ph.D., Timothy Meyer, Ph.D., Milan Seth, M.S., Joshua Rapkin, M.S., Kenneth Stein, M.D., and Kenneth Ellenbogen, M.D., will present study findings from 9:30 to 9:40 a.m. during a moderated poster session in Poster Town, located in the Exhibit Hall.
- Late-Breaking Trial: Survival After Shock Therapy in ICD and CRT-D Recipients According to Rhythm Shocked: The ALTITUDE Study Group. Brian Powell, M.D., Leslie Saxon, M.D., John Boehmer, M.D., John Day, M.D., F. Roosevelt Gilliam, III, M.D., Paul Heidenreich, M.D., David Hayes, M.D., Paul Jones, M.S., and Matthew Rosseau, M.S., will present results during a late-breaking clinical session from 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. in Room 305, Moscone South. The Company plans to issue a press release at that time.
- LAA Closure Using the WATCHMAN® Device in Patients with Contraindications to Warfarin: Preliminary Results From the “ASA Plavix Registry” (ASAP). Vivek Y. Reddy, M.D., Petr Neuzil, M.D., Gerhard Schuler, M.D., Sven Mobius-Winkler, M.D., Peter Sick, M.D., and Horst Sievert, M.D., will present preliminary results during an abstract plus session from 2:30 to 2:45 p.m. in Room 2003, Moscone West.
Friday, May 6
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Reduces Risk of Shock in the MADIT-CRT trial. John Evans, M.D., Amin Al-Ahmad, M.D., Arthur Moss, M.D., Wojciech Zareba, M.D., Ph.D., Paul Wang, M.D., and Scott McNitt, M.S., will present findings from 2 to 2:15 p.m. in Room 132, Moscone North.
Boston Scientific will present its latest cardiac rhythm management and electrophysiology products at booth #1202.
About Boston Scientific
Boston Scientific is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices whose products are used in a broad range of interventional medical specialties. For more information, please visit: www.bostonscientific.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Forward-looking statements may be identified by words like “anticipate,” “expect,” “project,” “believe,” “plan,” “estimate,” “intend” and similar words. These forward-looking statements are based on our beliefs, assumptions and estimates using information available to us at the time and are not intended to be guarantees of future events or performance. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements regarding clinical trials, scientific activities, product performance, competitive offerings and growth strategies. If our underlying assumptions turn out to be incorrect, or if certain risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the expectations and projections expressed or implied by our forward-looking statements. These factors, in some cases, have affected and in the future (together with other factors) could affect our ability to implement our business strategy and may cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated by the statements expressed in this press release. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of our forward-looking statements.
Factors that may cause such differences include, among other things: future economic, competitive, reimbursement and regulatory conditions; new product introductions; demographic trends; intellectual property; litigation; financial market conditions; and, future business decisions made by us and our competitors. All of these factors are difficult or impossible to predict accurately and many of them are beyond our control. For a further list and description of these and other important risks and uncertainties that may affect our future operations, see Part I, Item 1A – Risk Factors in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which we may update in Part II, Item 1A – Risk Factors in Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q we have filed or will file hereafter. We disclaim any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or in events, conditions, or circumstances on which those expectations may be based, or that may affect the likelihood that actual results will differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements. This cautionary statement is applicable to all forward-looking statements contained in this document.