Cerebain Biotech Corp. provided an update on the progress of its medical device research and development made over the last year and an outlook of 2017.
- In April 2016, the company announced its intention to seek FDA approval in conjunction with the development and testing of its medical device for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and dementia. Reaching a decisive point in research, the comapny is planning to commence development of the device.
- In May of 2016, corporate headquarters relocated from Dallas, TX to Costa Mesa, CA. The decision to relocate was driven by the company’s plan to seek FDA approval for its medical device for the treatment of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- In June 2016, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed with the Department of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Mossakowski Medical Research Centre in Poland. The purpose of the Memorandum of Understanding is to commence testing of Cerebain’s medical device once development is completed.
- The following summarizes Cerebain’s strategic plan:
– Allocate resources to facilitate FDA strategy as it relates to further research and testing of Cerebain’s existing technology.
– Design a surgical manual to be used by doctors and clinicians for the purpose of implanting our medical device.
– Provide additional administrative and financial support to our scientists to leverage their time to advance our technologies as we near clinical trials.
About Cerebain Biotech Corp.
Cerebain Biotech is a development-stage medical device company focused on the creation and clinical development of a minimally invasive implantable device and a synthetic drug solution. The device leverages the clinically observable, positive impact that omentum stimulation has on cognitive function as related to dementias, and in particular, Alzheimer’s disease. The corporate vision is based on these positive clinical observations.
(Source: Business Wire)