CTL Medical, a Dallas-based medical device manufacturing and service company, has announced the executive management team that will lead the organization into the next phase of its growth and success.
“We have a solid group of executives that we’ve brought into management roles,” said Daniel Chon, president and CEO of CTL. “Our team consists of some of the best of the best in our business, and I am confident that they will help us further extend our position as a leader in the medical device design and manufacturing industry.”
Earlier this year, CTL acquired RF Precision LLC, a Denton, Texas-based medical and dental equipment manufacturer, and AccelSPINE, a nationally-recognized medical device designer and manufacturer headquartered in Dallas, as part of its global growth strategy. To complete its recent synergistic moves, CTL just moved into a new 25,000-square foot facility in Dallas’ central suburb of Addison in order to better meet the needs of its customer base while serving the growing spine surgery hub in North Texas.
CTL designs, develops and manufactures spinal implants and instruments tailored to fit the unique needs of surgeons and patients. Currently, the company has nine products: Degas Anterior Cervical Plate, Van Gogh Anterior Cervical Plate, Matisse ACIF Cage, Renoir Posterior Cervico-Thoracic Fixation, Picasso-II, MIS Spinal System, Raphael Pedicle Screw System, Cezanne TLIF Peek Cage (Curved), Cezanne-II TLIF Peek Cage (Bullet Tip) and Cezanne Disc Prep Set TLIF Disc Prep Instruments.
The following 11 leaders will comprise CTL’s executive management team:
· Chon serves as the president and CEO. He started CTL with a vision of creating a fully integrated, industry-leading, global medical device design, development and manufacturing company. Chon has more than a decade of experience in the medical and health care fields and is a dedicated entrepreneur who, prior to CTL Medical, served in a variety of leadership roles for several notable start-up ventures.
· Fiona Lazarow serves as the CFO and oversees all financial aspects of the business, such as accounting practices, budgeting, financial planning and analysis, and monitoring financial performance. Lazarow has over 30 years of combined experience in financial management and the medical device industry.
· Sean Suh serves as the CTO and oversees the development, testing and manufacturing of new and improved products. With over 18 years of experience and expertise in product research, he also serves as the technical liaison between clinical end users and CTL’s engineers.
· Andy Choi serves as the chief business development officer and leads all business development efforts for CTL. Choi has over 19 years of industry experience in both startup and large corporate environments, with particular expertise in orthopedics and spine.
· Dean Fulford serves as the VP of sales for the northern region and is responsible for overseeing product sales, managing territories and overall procurement process. Fulford has 25 years of executive leadership experience in medical sales and management, specializing in spinal pathology and corporate development.
· Lanny Duyck serves as the VP of sales for the southern region. His strengths include planning and building of businesses, sales teams and regions with distributor-based organizations. Duyck has more than 25 years of experience in sales and management related to spine, neurosurgery, orthopedic trauma, joints and biologics.
· Jon Suh serves as the VP of research and development. He directs the design, testing and implementation of newly manufactured products, and oversees general operation and quality control. Suh has more than 15 years of experience in product research and development with a particular expertise in orthopedics, pharmaceuticals, petro-chemicals and semi-conductors.
· Rose Moore serves as the VP of business development and marketing, and is responsible for overseeing the overall management and execution of CTL’s strategic and operational marketing and customer relationship initiatives. Moore has a combined 15 years of sales, executive management and business ownership experience.
· Otis Blackwell serves as the VP of manufacturing and works closely with engineering to ensure devices are designed for manufacturability, operations to schedule products and quality to assure that items are manufactured to print. Additionally, Blackwell is responsible for staffing and overseeing the machining, finishing and assembly department. Blackwell brings 18 years of manufacturing management experience, focused primarily in the medical devices industry.
· Sterling Thomason serves as the director of operations and oversees inventory control, warehouse management, customer experience, purchasing, inspection, planning and logistics. Thomason brings CTL more than 19 years of experience in operations management, largely earned in the medical devices industry, including orthopedics and cardiovascular.
· Tosan Onosode brings more than nine years of experience to her role as regulatory affairs specialist, where she ensures CTL is compliant with national and international regulatory requirements. Onosode also submits and obtains premarket approvals for the sale of CTL Medical products globally.
In addition to these appointments, CTL anticipates a significant increase in its workforce by early 2017.