Dawn VME Products, a leading designer and manufacturer of high performance and reliable embedded packaging technology products based on the VITA™ and PICMG® architectures, announces the PSC-6238 VITA 62 compliant up to 800 Watt 3U OpenVPX Power Supply for conduction cooled systems, the latest addition to its first-to-market VITA 62 compliant family of power supplies introduced in 2011.
The PSC-6238 is designed to operate in a military environment over a wide range of temperatures at high power levels, is extended shock and vibration compliant per MIL-STD-810F and features an onboard real-time clock with switchable Battleshort and NED (Nuclear Event Detect) functions.
Dawn’s PSC-6238 is a wedge lock conduction cooled module on a 1 inch pitch with an operating temperature of -40ºC to +85ºC at the wedge lock edge. The up to 800 Watt power output true 6-channel supply provides full Open VPX support and is current/load share compatible with up to 4 PSC-6238 units.
The PSC-6238 front I/O panel includes a 3-color LED status indicator, VBAT battery access and a USB port for status display, access menu control and firmware upgrade.
Dawn’s embedded RuSH™ Rugged System Health Monitor technology provides for intelligent monitoring and control of critical system performance parameters including voltage, current, temperature and control of power sequencing and shutdown of all voltage rails.
Custom RuSH™ firmware enables additional features such as monitoring humidity, shock/vibration events or customer specified monitoring windows, power sequencing, alerts, alarms, status and control, event logging, etc. The RuSH™ monitor is interfaced into the OpenVPX (I2C) management plane, providing an I2C communication link with system cards.
Dawn PSC-6238 Summary of Features:
- True 6 Channel supply provides full OpenVPX support.
- Wedge lock conduction cooled module.
- Up to 800 Watts power output with 1 inch pitch form factor.
- Onboard embedded RuSH™ technology actively monitors voltage, current, temperature and provides protective control.
- Factory programmable power sequencing of all voltage rails.
- Shutdown control for each power rail.
- Over Voltage, Over Current and Over Temp protection.
- Current/Load share compatible with up to 4 PSC-6238 units.
- I2C interface for Status & Control.
- Standard INH# and EN# power control signals.
- VBAT for support of VPX memory backup power bus.
- Front I/O panel includes 3-color LED status indicator, VBAT battery access.
- USB port for status display, access menu control and firmware upgrade.
- VITA48.2 Compliant Inject / Eject levers for easy installation.
The PSC-6238 is fully ruggedized for difficult UAV, land, sea and airborne mission-critical conditions to support virtually any application where VITA 62 compliant 3U OpenVPX conduction cooled modular power is required. Embedded with RuSH™ technology precision monitoring and control, the highly configurable and current share compatible true 6 channel PSC-6238 delivers up to 800 watts each of field-deployed reliable output.
Dawn offers application-specific VITA 62 compliant power supply design, manufacturing and production through modifications to the PSC-6238 platform, and can incorporate requirements into a customized power management solution for prototyping and development.
Pricing and Availability
Priced at $4,975.00 for quantity 1. Please contact factory for OEM quantities. Dawn VME Products PSC-6238 Power Supply is available now.