Atlas Vac Machine’s lineup of tray sealers now includes an All Electric Sealer — no pneumatics.
In seeking the ultimate in precise down-force control, our engineers have replaced the traditional pneumatic press with the next generation of press drive systems. Coupled with the heaviest heater & platen cross section in the industry, electric auto shuttles, and our new OSHA compliant light curtain operator safety system, the rugged Atlas Vac tray sealer line has added a new all electric press that will out class other medical device tray sealer you have ever used.
A few of its standard features:
- Heat Sealing Area – 18 in. X 30 in. (45.7 x 76.2 cm)
- Tool height opening 4.5 in. max and others on request
- Servo driven press assembly
- Auto Shuttle System — Electrically operated dual shuttles provide an extremely smooth cycle, single speed with gentle acceleration and deceleration of shuttles. Interlocked with light curtains for safe platen operation. Includes stainless steel side guards over the shuttle shafts & non-lube linear bearings.
- Emergency stops (2), Banner; red-yellow.
- Single push button cycle start in green.
- Light curtain is horizontally oriented across protected tool loading area. It is Class 3 OSHA compliant with separate safety circuitry. Light curtain system integrated to press servo drive and electric shuttle motion circuit for operator access safety. Any light curtain violation will require the cycle to re-home and start over. Eliminates the standard Optitouch hand sensors and is replaced by single green push button to initiate the entire cycle.
- Heating elements – 480V (only), Flat 1-in. heat plate with internal heaters, 6,000W
- Seal platen includes a precision machined aluminum, Dupont Teflon Silverstone coating
- Electrical requirements – 480V, 3 phase
- Sealing force adjustable to 10,000+ pounds, servo driven press with accurate repeatability.
- Precision stationary nickel plated steel surface base plate for correct rigid support of tooling & shuttles
- Floor Space – 45-in. wide x 75-in. long (114 x 190 cm). No wasted space compared to carrousels
- Machine mounted non-mar casters with height adjustment
- Rigid welded 3/16 in. steel tubular framework with special powder coat paint. White is standard. NEMA 12 enclosure.
- Quick change lift off tooling shuttles to provide versatility and productivity. Includes SS locator pins for tooling plates. Includes extra shuttle plate mounting holes to fit standard AV 15:18 tooling (2) on each shuttle as well as our standard 18:30 tooling. Clear anodized surfaces.
- Weight – 1,690 lb. It is built to be rugged and durable (not made of angle and sheet metal), check the weight/sq. in. of seal area on other brands.
Standard controls feature:
- Mitsubishi PLC system for process management
- B&R Servo Drive system, Safety Rated servo controller
- Redundant automatic over-temperature safety cutoff control circuit, Factory Mutual approved temperature controller.
- Electronic process monitoring with temperature & force fail-safe alarms for parameter recipe settings, PW protected.
- Four (4) dual lead special grade thermocouples for control feedback & accurate individual temperature displays on OIT while providing signals to calibration ports for simultaneous reading.
- Individual thermocouple calibration connectors (4). On screen calibration of each (4) thermocouples raw values.
- Timer calibration connector (1)
- Alarm screen details and alarm warning LED’s on OIT. Alarm screen history (20 lines).
- Alarm light, multi-color, Banner brand.
- On-screen calibration of Temperature and Force circuits.
- Eye level controls including HMI/OIT screen, reset(s) and others.
- Stainless steel shelving at operator eye level for convenient staging of packaging materials
- English units of measure readouts
- Password protection capable
Atlas Vac Machine