The Excellence in Surgical Products (ESP) Award winners were announced in the November/December 2015 issue of Surgical Products. “Our readers are surgical industry experts who pride themselves on being educated professionals on the cusp of innovation,” said Editor Rebecca Rudolph. “That is reflected in all the Excellence in Surgical Products awards we publish, and certainly held true this year as many cutting edge and innovative technologies were recognized.”
Winners in the tables, positioning and accessories category include:
First Place: D.A. Surgical’s PatientGuard Robotic Positioining System
D. A. Surgical offers a comprehensive family of products designed to overcome patient positioning issues associated with surgical robot technology. This suite of devices improves patient safety, makes patient positioning easier and improves procedural efficiencies.
- The PatientGuard™ Robotic Positioning System includes four complimentary components that may be used separately or in concert.
- TrenGuard™ Trendelenburg Restraint does not use shoulder braces. It remains the only Trendelenburg restraint that has never had a single report of patient sliding. There has never been a report of post-op discomfort or injury.
- ArmGuard™ Patient Arm Protectors grant immediate visualization and access to ports and lines. Their use conforms to AORN guidelines against tucking arms with draw sheets.
- Our PatientGuard Robotics Stirrup is the only stirrup designed specifically for robotic surgery.
- Finally, the PatientGuard Pressure Management system helps protect the patient from pressure injuries while avoiding interference with the robot or the other accessories.
For more information, visit: www.da-surgical.com
Second Place: SunMedica’s kneeGRIP Matrix
The kneeGRIP Matrix supports the lower extremity during total knee replacement surgery and frees the hands of the assistant. It allows the knee position to be quickly changed from extension to flexion resulting in decreased operative times. The Matrix boot and Matrix plate are made of aluminum and there are no moving parts. The sterilized Matrix boot portion is easily and quickly secured to the leg. The sterilized Matrix plate rests on the sterile drapes. The ball that is attached to the Matrix boot easily clicks into any of the many receiving holes of the Matrix plate. The amount of flexion of the knee is easily changed by just lifting the Matrix boot out of one receiving holes in the Matrix plate and clicking it into another of the holes in the Matrix plate. The kneeGRIP Matrix avoids electrical burns because it has no direct contact with the operating table.
For more information, visit: www.sunmedica.com
Third Place: Action Products’ Long Positioning Strap
The surgical team will benefit from the new Action® Long Positioning Strap because it fills the need of positioning the larger patient on a standard table. The continuous layer of polymer against the patient’s skin provides premium pressure ulcer prevention, minimizes movement, and has an easy hook and loop attachment for a standard operating room table. Action’s exclusive Infection Control Design provides a microbe resistant, reusable fabric, fully-welded seams and a no-stitch construction. This skin-friendly strap also comes in a standard size to accommodate pediatric to adult size patients.
For more information, visit: www.actionproducts.com