Four-Megapixel 30-Inch Color Display Built on GB-R LED Backlight and Includes Integrated Front Sensor
NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the Food and Drug Administration 510(k) market clearance of the 30-inch MultiSync MD302C4 LCD, a widescreen display for diagnostic review applications in healthcare organizations.
The 4-megapixel, 30-inch display featuring an IPS panel is designed to provide precise color reproduction and wide viewing angles. Factory-calibrated uniformity control provides accurate imaging across the screen.
“Receipt of FDA 510(k) market clearance for the MD302C4 display is the first for an NEC MultiSync Medical Series display with GB-R LED backlight,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “The backlight means up to 44 percent less power consumption for users and complements the enhanced productivity features found in this display.”
The MD302C4 monitor includes out-of-the-box calibration to the DICOM grayscale display function for luminance. An integrated front sensor constantly monitors and adjusts brightness to maintain the factory DICOM GSDF calibration. The MD302C4 also includes a human presence sensor that can automatically dim the screen to conserve power and display life, as well as a Quick QA function for checking DICOM conformance without a computer. The monitor’s stand has four-way ergonomic functionality, including height-adjust, swivel, tilt and pivot.
Its 14-bit lookup table provides 1,024 levels of gray out of a palette of 4,096, when using a 10-bit DisplayPort or HDMI connection. The display meets the needs of healthcare facilities requiring consistent and accurate medical imaging using Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
The MD302C4 feature set includes:
- 30-inch IPS panel and 4-megapixel resolution with wide viewing angles
- 1000:1 contrast ratio and 180 cd/m² calibrated brightness (340 cd/m² typical brightness)
- Integrated tri-stimulus (three-color) front sensor, which receives more light information than brightness-only sensors and is extremely accurate and stable
- Factory adjusted ColorComp digital uniformity correction
- Factory calibrations to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- GammaCompMDtm QA software for worry-free calibration and conformance to the DICOM standard
- 14-bit internal lookup table (LUT), which provides for more finely detailed, high-definition rendering of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings
- Integrated three port USB 2.0 hub with DisplaySync Pro, which easily connects two computers to up to 3 peripherals
- DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort, DVI-D, and HDMI inputs
- 150mm height adjustability in landscape orientation (103mm in portrait), as well as pivot, tilt and swivel
- Medical certifications, including UL60950-1, UL60601-1 and FDA 510(k) clearance
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MultiSync MD302C4 is available at an estimated street price of $3,999. The display ships with a five-year limited parts and labor warranty, including Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.
Find out more about NEC Display Solutions.