Fujifilm Medical Systems U.S.A. (Stamford, Conn.) said it will debut the latest version of its Synapse 3D solution at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society’s (HIMSS) Global Conference and Exhibition at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., Feb 12–14, 2019.
The latest software adds five new applications to Synapse 3D’s existing 50 clinical applications and will be available for demonstration. Fujifilm described Synapse 3D as an enterprise-wide solution designed to quickly perform advanced visualization workflows and access 3D rendered images. The new applications are:
- A breast analyzer MR, which analyzes breast tumors and generates BI-RADS reports. It includes kinetic curves for wash-in and wash-out and subtraction of pre- and post-contrast. The tool also performs a variety of measurements, including distance from the nipple, distance from the skin, distance from the chest wall, and tumor volume.
- A delayed enhancement MR, designed with input from cardiologists to analyze myocardial viability, provide delayed enhancement area and volume measurements, and display the enhanced area overlaid in the bullseye map.
- An endoscopic simulator, designed specifically for laparoscopic surgery simulation. It simulates inflation of the abdomen, port placement, and positioning. The tool also offers the capability to automatically segment vessels, skin, bone, pancreas, spleen, and tumors.
- An intravoxel incoherent motion (IVIM) MR, which uses diffusion-weighted images to provide quantitative data from tissue microcapillary perfusion. It also automatically displays an ADC map, eADC map, D map, D* map, and f map.
- A prostate viewer MR, designed as a robust application to support prostate cancer diagnosis. This tool analyzes prostate gland tumors and generates PI-RADS reports. It measures both diameter and volume of the prostate gland and lesions. It also features an array of viewing tools for comparative observation of multiple series, T2, ADC, DWI, DCE, and time-intensity curves.
In addition to these new applications, Synapse 3D’s applications consist of general-use and specialty options for advanced image visualization and analysis.
“Fujifilm’s Synapse 3D advanced visualization software is a robust tool that assists clinicians across the enterprise with interpreting, reporting, and treatment planning,” Bill Lacy, vice president of medical informatics at Fujifilm Medical Systems U.S.A., said in a prepared statement. “Our latest version was designed to improve workflows and diagnostic confidence while enhancing comprehensive and collaborative care.”