Honeywell released a new series of board mount pressure sensors designed to measure low airflow with high accuracy that is ideal for use in medical devices, heating, air conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) systems, and drones.
The new TruStability Board Mount Pressure Sensors, RSC Series, offer enhanced reliability to minimize system downtime and provide high accuracy to reduce the reliance on software to correct system inaccuracies.
This minimizes design time, improves efficiency and often simplifies development. With a small footprint that occupies less area on a printed circuit board, the sensors reduce overall system size to allow easier fit and potentially reduce production costs.
The RSC Series’ extremely high measurement accuracy and design flexibility make the new pressure sensor ideal for a variety of applications and uses, including measuring:
- Breathing airflow in medical systems such as ventilators, affording precise control of ventilator trigger points and providing an accurate baseline for lung volume measurement and flexible sensor applications in both adult and pediatric devices;
- Barometric pressure changes for drones or weather balloons to indicate altitude changes even at high altitudes and allow for rapid altitude changes of the device; and
- Airflow in HVAC ducts for precise control of airflow set points, significantly reducing the frequency of shutting down ducts to measure sensor offset.
The TruStability Board Mount Pressure Sensors, RSC Series, are piezoresistive silicon pressure sensors that include features such as:
- Total error band as low as 0.25% Full Scale Span;
- Energy efficient operation with a power consumption of less than 10 milliwatts;
- Miniature sensor size of 10 by 12.5 mm (0.39 by 0.49 in.);
- Measurement accuracy of ±0.1% Full Scale Span Best Fit Straight Line; and
- Ability to read pressure ranges from ±1.6 mbar to ±10 bar, ±160 Pa to ±1 MPa, ±0.5 inH2O to 150 psi, absolute range 1 to 8 bar, and 15 to 150 psi.