4200 Goss Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
NSK: Engineering Innovation In Medical Technology
Customer Challenge An OEM customer developing a next generation syringe pump was seeking a compact linear motion system with high accuracy, repeatability and reliability, to smoothly and quietly position the plunger for extremely precise fl uid dispense. Previously, the customer had used lead screws – or sliding screws – which generate particles from the sliding motion.
• Motorized Ball Screw Actuator (MBSA)
• Precision ground ball screw directly integrated into a NEMA 17 stepper motor
• Space-saving design with the elimination of motor coupling
• Longer life compared to lead screw due to the higher efficiency, smoother operation, zero backlash and improved rigidity of a precision ground ball screw
• Configurable encoder pre-assembled to motor
• Easy disconnect, simplifying field replacement
Compact, Smooth, Repeatable Accuracy: NSK Motorized Ball Screw Actuator
NSK’s MBSA series combines a precision-ground ball screw with an ultra-accurate stepping motor. It’s the ideal integrated solution for medical devices and laboratory equipment used in diagnostics, syringe pumps, microfluidics, imaging, cancer treatment, and other clinical applications requiring smooth, precise, near-silent motion and maintenance-free long life.
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, NSK Americas consists of United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and Brazil operations. Seven manufacturing facilities are located in the USA, including a linear precision components facility in Franklin, Indiana. Certified to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001: 2015 standards, this state-of-the-art manufacturing plant ensures shorter lead times and faster turnaround. NSK has a dedicated team of sales, marketing, customer service, and engineering experts that not only serve as your personal guide to selecting the right product solution but also as a long-term solutions provider. NSK can assist in domestic repairs and replacement services minimizing potential downtime to provide significant cost savings.