The current pandemic has revealed three critical aspects of the medical device industry to the public, according to Elkem Silicones:
- This industry is of utmost importance to maintain functioning healthcare systems around the world.
- Local events can disrupt the fabrication and supply of medical devices, so medtech companies should improve their supply chain’s robustness and reactivity.
- The regulation of medical devices may vary in speed and complexity, depending on the region of the globe.
On our June 8 DeviceTalks Tuesday, Elkem Silicones will host an exclusive webinar for medtech companies on the challenges they face in developing and manufacturing medical devices. Three case studies will cover:
- The support for medical device design with medical grade silicones with a focus on the performance of the end component.
- Supply chain challenges, with a presentation on worldwide fabrication options.
- Medical companies’ journey through regulatory changes and challenges.
Elkem will present examples of collaborations it has had with medtech companies. This presentation will give participants an overview of the process and help them learn more about:
- How the development of innovative medical-grade silicones can support the performance of high-end medical devices.
- The company’s capabilities to supply and transform medical-grade silicones all over the world.
- How material suppliers can support medical companies achieve compliance with healthcare regulations.
The DeviceTalks Tuesday discussion will run live at 11 am ET on Tuesday, June 8. But registrants will be able to watch at their convenience through our on-demand library.
Register now for free at DeviceTalks.com.