NEW YORK, July 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Reportlinker.com
announces that a new market research report is available in its
The report reviews the key trends in pharmaceutical licensing,
examining deal volumes, values and structure. Therapeutic focus is
also covered along with detailed profiles of the strategies of 10
leading pharmaceutical companies. The report also sets out future
directions for licensing and alliance activity.
Features and benefits
* Understand why licensing deals have become an integral part of
Big Pharma strategies, along with the future impact of these
* Identify the factors that are crucial to success in the
licensing sphere, and the potential pitfalls that must be
* Learn how leading players manage the licensing process, and
pinpoint changes in their approach to licensing strategy.
* Track recent changes in deal-making volumes,
in-licensing/out-licensing ratios and the type of assets being
targeted in major transactions.
* Quantify financial commitments by licensees to external
assets, and understand why the financial structure of licensing
deals has begun to change.
For an increasingly risk-averse industry, licensing deals
represent a more affordable, less risky alternative to M&A
transactions. They are being used to strengthen pipelines, manage
major brand life-cycles, expand or restructure portfoli