Newark element14 has introduced the addition of the Molex Ultra-Fit range of high-density, low-mating force power connectors, with a maximum 14A rating and only 3.5mm pitch, to its product portfolio. This small-sized yet power-dense range of connectors eliminates same-circuit-size cross mating, optimizes space saving and facilitates easier assembly. It is suited for applications in industrial, telecommunications, lighting, medical and consumer electronics.
There is a wide range of power connector challenges faced by each industry, such as space constraints in electronics design, potential errors in assembly and malfunctions in the end-products. Molex’s new Ultra-Fit power connectors address these challenges with features that include:
- Multiple mechanically keyed color-coded options
- Footprint reduced by 17 percent over similar power connectors
- Ultra-low mating force terminal
- Positive-lock housing with anti-snag design
- Terminal interface with six independent points of contact (split-box terminal design)
The Ultra-Fit range is part of the family of Molex Fit power connectors for wire-to-wire, wire-to-board and board-to-board configurations and offers space-saving sizes, cutting-edge current density and long-term reliability.
Premier Farnell Group