CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., July 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ –The
Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation has announced that eight
leading manufacturers are among the initial sponsors of the 2nd
International Symposium on MR-guided Focused Ultrasound, scheduled
for October 17 through 20 near Washington, D.C.
A landmark event, the symposium will spotlight leading edge
preclinical, translational and clinical research related to one of
today’s most promising and innovative therapeutic technologies.
Targeted to scientists, clinicians and others interested in current
and future applications of MR-guided focused ultrasound, the
conference will offer a multifaceted exploration of this emerging
field and feature plenary sessions, panel discussions, poster
presentations and technical exhibits.
Sponsoring organizations are:
* EDAP TMS S.A. (Vaulx-en-Velin, France)
* Elekta, AB (Stockholm,
* GE Healthcare (Chalfont St. Giles,
* Image Guided Therapy (Pessac, France)
* Imasonic (Voray/l’Ognon, France)
* InSightec (Tirat Carmel, Israel)
* Philips Healthcare (Guildford, Surrey, UK)
* Varian Medical Systems, Inc. (Palo
Alto, CA, USA)
“We are thankful for the gener