The Medical Division of Nikkiso America announced the U.S. launch of the DBB-06 Hemodialysis System equipped with Dialysis Dose Monitor (DDM), after receiving 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in March. The DBB-06 System with DDM was tailored to address U.S. dialysis clinic needs, and it offers exceptional efficacy, efficiency and reliability at an affordable life cycle cost.
This launch marks the entrance into the U.S. renal market for Nikkiso Medical. Nikkiso Medical a manufacturer of dialysis machines most notably in the European and Asian markets. The company is the second largest producer of hemodialysis equipment globally with over 100,000 hemodialysis machines in clinical use.
A unique feature integrated into the DBB-06 System is the Blood Volume Monitor, designed to help the clinician evaluate and react to the patient’s hydration status by continuously monitoring relative blood volume during treatment. The Blood Volume Monitor does not require additional disposables or cost per treatment.
The DBB-06 System with DDM also encompasses:
- A full range of features, such as ultrafiltration profiling, ultra pure dialysate and patient blood pressure monitoring,
- A self-prompting, intuitive touchscreen user interface and the storage and recall of up to 16 patient prescriptions,
- Enhanced automation, with programmed self-test/extracorporeal circuit priming and automatic disinfection and decalcification, saving time,
- Data connection to the electronic medical record,
- Exceptional quality and reliability,
- The Dialysis Dose Monitor to assist the care provider in real-time to ensure an adequate treatment for the patient,
- Safety features, such as a battery backup system in the case of power failure and continuous monitoring of the fluid removal system and
- Extremely quiet operation.
The DBB-06 Hemodialysis System with DDM is now available across the country.