OCTANe, Orange County’s life sciences and technology accelerator organization, announced the final agenda for its 11th Annual Medical Device & Investor Forum (MDIF) on October 27 to 28, 2016 in Irvine, Calif.
The lineup includes executives and experts from among the leading medical technology companies in the area, including Edwards Lifesciences, Carl Zeiss Meditec, Allergan and Medtronic. As in previous years, MDIF 2016 promises to deliver high quality content that will lead innovation in this all-important medical segment.
Some key sections include:
- A keynote by Dr. Harry Greenspun, managing director Health Solutions, Deloitte. Greenspun will cover the changing role of life sciences companies and how they approach the market, among other topics.
- A panel on using big data to improve patient outcomes and reimbursement moderated by Clay Wilemon, CEO, of DevicePharm, along with an all-star lineup of industry experts.
- A discussion between Mike Mussallem, CEO, Edwards Lifesciences, and Jim Mazzo, global president, Carl Zeiss Meditec.
- A panel on successful exit strategies of Orange County companies moderated by Mike Hedge, partner, K&L Gates. The panel features Tom Burns, CEO, Glaukos, and executives from successful startup companies as well as perspective from industry leaders Edwards Lifesciences, Medtronic and Allergan.
- A discussion between Brett Wall, president of Brain Therapies, Medtronic, and Geoff Martha, executive vice president and group president, Medtronic.
- A special panel on medical device security, preventing hacks and keeping information secure along with FDA regulatory trends and the latest changes to accelerate the path to market.
- U.S. Congresswoman Mimi Walters, who will discuss the importance of innovation in Orange County, and healthcare legislative and policy expert Jeff Kimbell, who will provide an election update from a Washington D.C. perspective.
- Eight presentations by companies showcasing new strategies to maximize funding options.
Those interested in registering can visit http://mdif.octaneoc.org.