Olympus, a global technology leader in designing and delivering innovative solutions for medical and surgical procedures, among other core businesses, announced today the launch of DualKnife J, an endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) electrosurgical knife that integrates submucosal injection to support efficient, safe and more reliable ESD performance.
Building upon the trusted performance of the legacy DualKnife, the DualKnife J provides two step knife length adjustments for optimal handling, and a reduced risk of perforation. Knife length can extend to 2mm or retract to .1mm. Building upon DualKnife, the current market leading and best-selling ESD knife in the U.S., DualKnife J enables dissection and now lifting of the mucosa by injecting saline solution into the submucosal layer. This eliminates the need to change devices, potentially leading to shorter procedure times.
The Olympus procedural solution includes:
· Distal attachment that allows endoscopists and surgeons to maintain an optimal field of view
· Electrosurgical generator that is reliable and easy to use, with versatile design and expanded performance suitable to state-of-the-art endoscopies such as ESD
· Endoscopic Flushing Pump (OFP-2) to deliver fluid at the desired flow rate and pressure
· Accessory Port Tube with Bottle Cap or Saline Spike
· A complete suite of ESD devices, including the DualKnife J Electrosurgical Knife
· Hemostasis management including Olympus’ full line of hemostasis products to treat bleeding complications, from the Olympus QuickClip Pro hemostatic clip, to the Coagrasper, a hemostatic forceps tool to the bipolar probe and NeedleMaster injection needles.
“DualKnife J allows us to further innovative ESD procedures as part of an overall value-based care initiative, providing more minimally invasive procedures to patients so they may reap the benefits that come with avoiding more invasive forms of surgery,” says Sergey V. Kantsevoy, MD, PhD, director of therapeutic endoscopy at Mercy Medical Center. “We have come to rely on the DualKnife J as it can decrease procedural time and increase our efficiencies, and can also lead to better patient outcomes.”
“Olympus stays true to its commitment to improve already excellent and best-in-class products, in this case by integrating the injection capability that will save physicians time and help get patients more quickly into recovery,” says Kurt Heine, group vice president of the endoscopy division at Olympus America. “We expect DualKnife J to be a driver in bringing more practices into the value-based paradigm of minimally invasive procedures, which help reduce costs while improving patient outcomes and satisfaction.”