Applications for the new MPL02 series cover a variety of medical equipment, such as oxygen and heart rate monitors, brainwave monitors and oral caring equipment, the company said.
“For the ever-increasing demand for medical home care and medical equipment, P-DUKE has extended its medical power conversion portfolio with a MPL02 board-mount DC/DC converter series,” the company said in a news release. “The MPL02 series is designed especially for compact medical applications and comes in a tiny SIP-8 industrial standard package (footprint only 9.9 x 21.8 mm) which saves space on the PCB. It offers 5000Vac isolation voltage, reinforced insulation of 2xMOPP (patient protection) / 250Vac working voltage with 8 mm clearance and creepage distance between input and output.”
Other specs for the MPL02 series, according to P-Duke, include:
- Delivery of up to 2W output power
- Regulated single and dual outputs with a wide 2:1 input range of 9-18 and 18-36V.
- Full-protection functions: over-current, short-circuit, under-voltage lockout as well as low 2uA leakage current.
- Certifications: IEC/EN/ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1, IEC/EN/UL 62368-1 and MIL-STD 810F standards.
- 5000VAC reinforced 2 x MOPP Insulation, rated for 250VAC Working Voltage
- Leakage current <2 µA
- Approved to IEC/EN 60601-1/ ES 60601-1
- Operating altitude of up to 5000 m
- Operating Temperature Range -40°C to +105°C
- Covered by a 5-year product warranty