NEW YORK, May 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Reportlinker.com announces
that a new market research report is available in its
Probiotics and Prebiotics in Clinical Nutrition
Overall sales of clinical nutrition products are rising with an
aging population in the US and EU as well as rising incidence of
illnesses and conditions that require clinical nutrition. But sales
of clinical nutrition products containing probiotics and prebiotics
are outpacing sales of conventional clinical nutrition products,
opening up a new market that is dominated by a handful of
Features and benefits
* Understand the clinical nutrition market and broad trends
affecting product development and usage.
* Analyze the unmet need for pro/prebiotic clinical nutrition
products and what is the supporting clinical data for product
* Identify the key players in the pro/prebiotic clinical
nutrition market and the leading products in the market.
* Forecast the growth of the pro/prebiotic clinical nutrition
market by users and product sales in the EU and the US.
* Assess the future of probiotics and prebiotics in clinical
nutrition and the potential product development opportunities.
Nearly all of the major manufacturers of enteral nutrition
products – Abbott Nutrition, Danone, Fresenius Kabi and
Nestle – are currently working to expand their offerings of
products containing probiotics and prebiotics. Currently, several
clinical nutrition products are formulated with prebio