A secure connection of IV tubing is critical to safe and effective IV therapy. IV tubing disconnections can result in serious and irreversible patient injury or even death. When it comes to stopcocks, they must be securely connected, convenient to use and perform their primary functions, such as direct fluids and provide access to the IV set. With this in mind, Elcam Medical has designed the new Safe2 Rotator.
The Safe2 Rotator spinning lock feature provides ease of use and an extra layer of passive protection to your most critical fluid managing applications, without altering
the traditional usability and common practice:
- Prevents accidental disconnections
- Facilitates convenient approach to injection and sampling ports during fluid administration
- Enables rotation of coupled luer lock connections and stopcocks
- Reduces tube kinks and twists in the tubing set
- Prevents leakage due to over-tightening