Since 2004, Steute has pioneered the development of wireless foot switches for medical applications, with thousands installed worldwide controlling radiology systems, ophthalmic surgery equipment, surgical microscopes, patient tables and other devices.
These units are designed with their proprietary, globally-accessible, 2.4 GHz frequency-hopping protocol. This bidirectional, 32 RF-channel protocol changes transmission frequency 200 times per second that provides extreme reliability in both surgical and therapeutic medical applications. Sleep-mode, fast wake-up time and real-time battery charge status monitoring extend battery service life and facilitate efficient power management.
Features of Steute’s foot switches are:
- Complies with all FDA wireless guidelines and FCC requirements;
- Standard one and two-pedal models, with optional pushbuttons available;
- Standard packaged or PCB- Receiver available;
- USB Stick Receiver available;
- Digital and analog control functionality;
- Rechargeable Lithium battery;
- Ingress protection up to IP X8;
- User programmable sleep mode function;
- Mechanical life expectancy greater than one million operations; and
- Modular approvals for North America, Europe and Japan.
Options of Steute’s foot switches include:
- Custom colors and graphics;
- Inadvertent operation protection;
- Foot rests;
- Carrying handles;
- Custom foot switches with other actuator choices (e.g. rocker switches, joysticks, joypads, et al.);
- Custom Receiver designs; and
- Custom wireless hand-held controls.
Typical applications of Steute’s foot switches are:
- High-frequency surgical equipment;
- PHACO surgery systems;
- Surgical microscopes;
- Ultrasonic diagnostic systems;
- MRI systems;
- X-Ray equipment;
- Orthopedic surgery equipment;
- Endoscopic surgical equipment;
- Wound management systems;
- Examination tables and chairs;
- Dental equipment; and
- Biopsy systems.
Steute’s broad range of ergonomically-optimized, medical-grade foot switches can be custom-configured to meet the OEM’s specific application needs without incurring any engineering or tooling costs. Available with up to 14 digital and 3 analog control functions. The switches are CE, cCSAus and FCC compliant.