Tandem Diabetes Care®, Inc. (NASDAQ:TNDM), a medical device company and manufacturer of the only touchscreen insulin pumps available in the United States, today announced commencement of shipments for its next-generation t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump. The t:slim X2 Pump boasts an advanced Bluetooth radio and is optimized for use with Tandem’s recently cleared Tandem Device Updater, designed to update software and add new features from a personal computer as they are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).1
The t:slim X2 Pump is the newest addition to the Company’s family of innovative insulin pumps. All Tandem pumps feature a high-contrast color touchscreen with a streamlined, user-friendly interface. This provides people rapid access to frequently used features, while making these features simple to learn and simple to use.2 Each Tandem product utilizes modern technology, such as a built-in rechargeable battery and micro-USB port for convenient charging and fast data transfers.
Notable features of the t:slim X2 Pump include:
- Up to 38% smaller than other insulin pumps3,4
- 300-unit capacity
- Rechargeable battery, which saves hundreds of dollars in out of pocket costs4
- Durable aluminum housing
- Watertight (IPX7) construction, tested to a depth of three feet for 30 minutes
- Advanced Bluetooth radio, capable of communicating with compatible devices and future technologies
- Optimized for use with the Tandem Device Updater for remote software and feature updates from a personal computer1
The t:slim X2 Pump will replace Tandem’s first-generation t:slim® Insulin Pump. The Company will continue to support current t:slim Pumps, in addition to the t:slim G4™ and t:flex® Insulin Pumps. The t:slim X2 Pump is intended for the subcutaneous delivery of insulin, at set and variable rates, for the management of diabetes mellitus in persons requiring insulin, for individuals 12 years of age and greater.