TE Connectivity (TE) launches a splice for fine aluminum (Al) magnet wire accommodating wires of 0.14 to 0.32 mm. This new splice addresses the needs of a growing number of motor and solenoid manufacturers who are switching to fine ( less than 0.32 mm) Al magnet wires to reduce product cost and weight.
This new open barrel, pigtail splice fills the gap at the lower end of the AMPLIVAR splice size range, accommodating up to three fine Al magnet wires plus a copper stranded lead wire (400 to 1500 CMA total).
Key features of the fine aluminum magnet wire splice are:
- Accommodates up to three fine Al magnet wires plus a copper stranded lead wire (400 to 1500 CMA total) in a single splice for efficient connectivity;
- Improves production efficiency with IDC compression crimp feature that does not require pre-stripping of magnet wires. It penetrates the magnet wire insulation while simultaneously terminating wire;
- Helps reduce applied cost and increase connection reliability by eliminating possible errors such as cold solder joints, weld burns and wire embrittlement that might occur during soldering/welding;
- Enables higher production rates with precision formed and strip-fed splices applied with APT-5A terminating machine; and
- Provides a mechanically strong, superior electrical connection free of contaminants such as stripper residue and solder flux.