TE Connectivity introduces two-position housings for use with our Positive Lock Mark I receptacle terminals and our SCHRACK RF series relays. These housings provide insulation, allow the user to make two connections to the relay in one easy step, improve ergonomics, and it can accommodate low insertion force, high retention force Positive Lock receptacles.
RF series PC board relays with vertical quick connect tabs for load connections are typically used to switch a power load in control board applications where it is preferable not to carry the load current through the PC board. Positive Lock Mark I receptacles, with their low insertion force, high retention force and high current carrying capability, may be used to mate with the relay.
Using these new housings with them can potentially speed an assembly step by a factor of two to one (making two connections simultaneously), while insulating the terminals and improving ergonomics for line workers.
Some key features of the SCHRACK RF series relays are:
- As two-position housings, they allow workers to make two connections at one time, potentially expediting the end product assembly process.
- They accommodate Positive Lock Mark I receptacles. These low insertion force receptacles ease assembly while their locking feature helps to assure secure connections.
- Large gripping and pushing surfaces make these housings ergonomically friendly. This may help to increase line workers’ comfort and productivity.
- The nylon 6/6 material provides excellent electrical insulation and mechanical protection of connections.
- The housings are UL recognized for the U.S. and Canada when used with specified Positive Lock Mark I receptacles, OEMs may find that this aids with the compliance of their end products.
- Offered in three colors, these housings accommodate color keying of connections where multiple RF series relays are present in an application. For volume requirements, other colors are available on a special order basis.