The live webinar was April 10, 2014. Fill out the form below to watch on demand.
There is growing interest in hybrid-electric vehicles and OEMs are developing hybrid electric vehicles on a number of different platforms including cars, trucks, boats and construction equipment. When it comes to choosing a motor for the powertrain, the choice is often between either an induction motor or a permanent magnet AC motor.
This webinar looks at the engineering tradeoffs between these two motor technologies, how they impact vehicle performance and ultimately how engineers can lower up-front costs.
Specific topics covered include:
- Speed and torque characteristics
- Physical size and weight differences
- Material costs
- Efficiency: Stator and rotor losses and total energy consumption
- Practical considerations for a high-performance EV application involving a racing motorcycle
- The importance of continuous power in a high-speed EV
Presenters from Parker and electric motorcycle manufacturer Brammo share information about the unique prospects and challenges of motor design for electric vehicles.