Titan Tool Supply, announces the introduction of models TM-8 and TM-10 high-magnification measuring microscopes with Vernier micrometer heads for inspection of electronic and semiconductor components, metallurgical parts, plastic molds, electrical strips, and other industrial quality control applications. Both feature magnifications of 50 X, 100 X, and 200 X with a 10 X eyepiece, and 5 X, 10 X and 20 X objective lenses that have a revolving nosepiece and positive stop. A separate 20 X eyepiece is available to double magnifications (up to 400 X) and provide longer working distances. Optional objectives from 1 X to 4 X and 5 X to 40 X are also available to reach up to 800 X magnification. Video adapters can turn the microscopes into videoscopes, according to Titan Tool.
The differences between the models are the stages and micrometers. The TM-8 has a 2-inch travel stage in both the X and Y axis. The micrometers are 2-inch diameter with 1-inch travel and 0.0001-inch divisions. The TM-10 has a 2-inch travel stage in the X axis and 6-in.travel stage in the Y axis. The X and Y axis have zeroing screws to set the micrometer at zero or an even number to start measuring. The range of the X axis micrometer is 1 in.; the Y axis is 2 in. Both have 0.0001-in. divisions.
Standard features to ensure high magnifications include a co-axial illuminator with a condenser, filter, and sub-stage illuminator, and an extra micro-screw ultra-fine depth focusing knob (attached to the standard rack-and-pinion focusing) according to Titan Tool Supply.
Titan Tool says that optional accessories are available with the new TM-8 and TM-10 microscopes to enhance usability and performance. They include:
- Model RI-17 cold light, shadow-free fiber optic ring illuminator;
- Model FOI-150 tungsten-halogen cold light fiber optic light source with variable intensity control;
- Model AME-5 M angle measuring eyepiece that measures more than 360° to an accuracy of five minutes;
- Models DM-54-210-100 1-in. digital micrometer head and MDD2-50 2-in. digital micrometer head for Z axis depth measurements;
- TSTVA-12 video adapter that alleviates eyestrain for lengthy or continuous usage, offers viewing for more than one person at one time, provides magnifications up to 1300 X (with a 21-in. monitor and 40 X objective), captures frozen, digitized, or computerized images, and can lead to improved accuracy by eliminating parallax problems in the X-Y measuring axis and improving Z axis depth measuring.
Titan Tool Supply