The TRV 2M series comes in the compact SIP-9 metal package with reinforced isolation of 5,000 VAC, the company said in a news release.
The series is designed to protect connected interfaces and applied parts to patients with 2XMOPP compliance.
Traco said its TRV 2M series consists of 21 models offering 1.5:1 input ranges of 4.5~7 / 9.6~14.4 / 12~18 / 19.2~28.8 VDC with output voltages of 3.3 / 5 / 12 / 15 / ±5 / ±12 / ±15 V outputs.
“These isolated and regulated DC/DC converters provide high-efficiency operation up to 84% with full-load operation over a convection-cooled temperature range of -40°C to +80°C without derating,” the company said. “These converters are ideal solutions for many different applications where a medical isolation system and short circuit protection is needed.”
Other key features include:
- Medical safety approval to IEC/EN/ES 60601-1 3rd edition for 2xMOPP
- ITE / IOT safety approval to IEC/EN/UL 62368-1
- Low leakage current of 2µA
- Continuous short-circuit protection
- Regulated outputs
- Reliability calculated to be more than 10 million hours (calculated per MIL-HDBK-217F ground benign)
- 5-year warranty