Dario Health touts patient progress using digital platform
Two new studies showed sustained improvements in blood glucose levels and blood pressure among users of the DarioHealth (Nasdaq: DRIO) digital therapeutic platform for chronic diseases, the company announced at the conference.
In the first study, Dario conducted a 12-month retrospective analysis of 9,200 non-insulin treated Type-2 diabetes (T2D) users of the Dario digital therapeutic platform for chronic disease. A subgroup of users who participated in hypertension management were also evaluated. Seventy-five percent of blood pressure subgroup started the study with either stage 1, stage 2, or hypertensive crisis blood pressure levels.
Results included the following:
- The average ratio of high blood glucose events (180-400 mg/dL) was reduced by 26% and sustained during the full year.
- Users gradually increased their rate of fasting (<126 mg/dL) measurements by 16% on average.
- 71% of members using the hypertension therapeutic succeeded in reducing their systolic blood pressure by 8.1 mmHg and diastolic by 6.0 mmHg on average and 38% succeeded in reducing their blood pressure by one stage.
In the second study, Dario conducted a two-year retrospective analysis on T2D users of the Dario digital therapeutic platform for chronic disease. Among the results:
- A group of 148 T2D non-insulin users consistently reduced their blood glucose average by 18% on average, equivalent to eA1c reduction of 1.42%, and sustained these values for 2 years.
- A subset that started with average blood glucose levels >240 mg/dL (eA1c >10) reduced their average blood glucose and equivalent eA1c by 2.42%.
Behaviors play a big role in driving chronic disease outcomes, according to DarioHealth chief medical officer Dr. Omar Manejwala.
“These results demonstrate the extraordinary potential for our digital therapeutics to improve glycemic and blood pressure control, which are key drivers of cost and clinical outcome in diabetes and hypertension,” Manejwala said in a news release.
“The addition of our blood pressure management solution to Dario’s digital therapeutic platform has significantly enhanced our users’ ability to manage their chronic conditions and associated comorbidities,” added Rick Anderson, president & GM of DarioHealth for North America.