Branson Ultrasonics has introduced an addition to its 2000X series of Ultrasonic Assembly Systems. The new 2000Xc ultrasonic welding system locks in the welding process with fully electronic welder settings, hierarchical password protection and Ethernet connectivity access.
The system offers secure process controls and detailed weld data to meet the global compliance, traceability and security needs of the medical, automotive, business and consumer electronics markets. The security feature helps to ensure compliance with medical manufacturing regulations, including FDA 21 CFR part11. The Branson 2000Xc can be adapted to automation systems or as a stand-alone complete system in an assembly cell.
A few of the features of the 2000Xc ultrasonic welding system include:
- the capability to weld by time, energy, peak power, ground detect, collapse or absolute
- electronic programmable weld pressure, hold pressure, down speed and rapid traverse
- process change audit trail. No operator accessible controls – ensuring validated processes remain unchanged
- total Ethernet access via web services
- USB barcode for recording part Unique Device Identification
- storage for 100,000 weld result histories and 1,000 weld presets
- full VGA touch screen with four levels of assignable password hierarchy
- three frequencies: 20, 30 and 40 kHz
Branson offers a full range of plastic welding equipment. The flexibility and range of all Branson welding systems allows selecting components and creating an assembly system that meets the needs and matching system features to the application requirements.