Medical device companies have many factors to consider when deciding which adhesives to use with tubing. An adhesives manufacturer explains them.The best tubing in the world won’t help a medical device to work if it won’t adhere properly.
Determining the right adhesive technology for your medical tubing depends on several factors, according to experts at Dymax, a Torrington, Conn.–based manufacturer of advanced light-curable adhesives, coatings, oligomers, light-curing equipment and fluid dispense systems.
Factors to consider include:
- What is the tubing made of?
- What will it be used for?
- How much volume will you need to produce?
- What is the device’s design?
- How will it be sterilized?