Molex Incorporated will showcase a wide range of its advanced products at MD&M West, February 10–12, Anaheim, Calif., booth 1746. Molex electronic solutions are designed for a range of healthcare applications, including implantable and invasive, diagnostic imaging, therapeutic, surgical and patient monitoring equipment.
“When looking to maximize performance of innovative medical devices, more and more design engineers are realizing the importance of the underlying electronic interconnects and associated technologies,” said Anthony Kalaijakis, strategic medical market manager, Molex. “Because we always strive to provide our customers with products that can be easily integrated, Molex solutions are incredibly effective and efficient. And the earlier in the design process we get involved, the greater the benefit is for customers, the end user and ultimately the patient.”
At MD&M West, Molex plans to highlight advanced technologies that enable medical OEMs to deliver cutting edge devices. Products on display will be:
- MediSpec Medical Plastic Circular (MPC) Interconnect System, an economical solution developed around a modular framework. The system delivers high-mating cycles and low-mating forces at competitive prices. MediSpec MPC interconnects provide medical OEMs with a cost-competitive, semi-customized connector with excellent contact performance, specifically for hybrid alternatives. Molex custom cable assemblies are available to provide a complete electronic solution.
- MediSpec Non-Magnetic RF Contacts and Modules, designed to align with the connector types and performance requirements of major MRI equipment manufacturers, provide significant value for manufacturers of MRI and other types of diagnostic imaging equipment.
- MediSpec Hybrid Circular MT Cable Assemblies and Receptacles provide high-performance, mixed optical and electrical signaling to streamline the number of connectors required in medical systems. Metal or medical-grade plastic connector housings provide options for applications from surgical to imaging.
- MediSpec Molded Interconnect Device/Laser Direct Structuring (MID/LDS) combines the versatility of the two-shot molding process with the speed and precision of LDS capabilities, helping medical device designers integrate complex electrical and mechanical features into highly compact applications.
- Printed Circuit Assemblies offer tactile silicone membrane graphic overlays, copper flex or polyimide circuitry and micro-board components with embedded LEDs under an embossed window for wider angle viewing, increased visual brightness, decreased light bleed, improved assembly and easier use of curved surfaces.
- Copper Flex Circuit Solutions are ideal for packaging in tight spaces and harsh environments and range from high-speed signals to power connections for optimal flexibility in designing advanced medical monitoring and diagnostic devices.
- Resistive Touch Screens are available in a range of screen material options, bringing medical device designers both cost and design flexibility. A flexible top surface recognizes touch with a gloved finger while providing pin-point accuracy.
- Molex Microminiature Products feature a range of high-speed options and deliver high level performance, reliability and durability. Stacking, board-to-board microminiature connectors are ideal for the thinnest hand-held medical devices.