Whether in diagnostics, the operating theatre or doctors’ surgeries, medical equipment must be operated intuitively if physicians and other medical staff are to be able to concentrate fully on their patients. In this field of very demanding man-machine interfaces, Steute possesses comprehensive expertise.
Steute Meditec produces not only a standard range of foot and hand controls for medical devices, but also numerous tailor-made actuators for highly complex and now often wireless customer-specific applications, e.g. for surgery or ophthalmology.
All Steute control units for medical equipment meet the highest standards of ergonomic comfort and accessibility. They are manufactured in accordance with the EN ISO 13485 certified QM system for medical products.
Custom features of Steute’s foot and hand controls include:
- Choice of actuator styles: pedals, pushbuttons, rocker switches, joysticks and joypads;
- Digital and analog control functionality;
- Choice of cable and connector;
- Molded-in colors;
- Powder-coated, pressure die-cast and aluminum consoles;
- Ingress protection up to IPX8;
- Mechanical life expectancy greater than 1 million actuations;
- Operating temperature range: -10° to 60° C;
- Certifications: CE, cCSAus and FCC; and
- Wireless operation.
Typical applications of Steute’s foot and hand controls include:
- High-frequency surgical equipment;
- PHACO surgery systems;
- Surgical microscopes;
- Ultrasonic diagnostic systems;
- MRI systems;
- X-Ray equipment;
- Orthopedic surgery equipment;
- Endoscopic surgical equipment;
- Wound management systems;
- Examination tables and chairs;
- Dental equipment; and
- Biopsy systems.
STEUTE’s broad range of ergonomically-optimized, medical-grade foot switches can be custom-configured to meet the OEMs specific application needs without incurring any engineering or tooling costs. Available with up to 14 digital and analog control functions. The switches are CE, cCSAus and FCC compliant.