SiBEAM, Inc., a Lattice Semiconductor company, recently announced new WirelessHD transmitter and receiver modules that operate over the 60GHz millimeter wave frequency band. Based on production-proven WirelessHD chipsets already shipping in consumer electronic devices, the modules deliver visually lossless 1080p video streams at up to 60 frames per second and are an ideal video cable replacement solution in medical or industrial operating environments where cables are safety hazards. The wireless modules also reduce the cost of ownership in clean-room environments as there are no video cables to maintain and sterilize.
SiBEAM’s WirelessHD MOD6320-T transmitter and MOD6321-R receiver modules connect to a host board and provide wireless video connectivity between an HDMI source and a display. Having attained various wireless regulatory approvals, the modules significantly reduce the complexity associated with wireless performance design, testing, and compliance standards in wireless system design.
Key features of the combined SiBEAM MOD6320-T/MOD6321-R solution include:
- 60GHz WirelessHD v1.1 compliant devices
- Modular Regulatory approval – FCC, CE, IC, ETSI
- PC video resolutions VGA through SXGA+
- CE video resolutions 480i/576i to 1080p/60 Hz
- Near-zero latency for minimal image lag
- Support for surround sound audio
- Support for CEC or AVC commands
- HDCP content protection
- Automated advanced power control, for energy saving operation
For more information about SIBEAM’s WirelessHD solutions, visit: http://www.sibeam.com/Products.aspx#Indoor.