Synopsys (Mountain View, Calif.) has released a new version of its Simpleware 3D data visualization software, which is used in both life science and advanced materials and manufacturing applications. Improvements in the new Simpleware (Version O-2018.12) include:
- An intelligent number formatting system for better clarity of measurements and statistics.
- Refreshed icons for more efficient navigation of the user interface and identifying individual tools.
- A new welcome page with a streamlined image import workflow.
- The ability to add 2D and 3D view annotations to anatomical models to improve collaboration among colleagues.
- Scripting auto-completion to enable fast development of automated workflows and plugins.
- Better segmentation, with a new local surface correction filter to improve mask accuracy, and interactive segmentation inspection with automatic fixes prior to model generation.
- Enhanced dataset processing with new surface object editing tools and intuitive triangle painting selection, and a registration tool that can automatically position any combination of images, masks and surfaces in a single operation.
Synopsys will hold webinars on the new software on January 16 and demonstrate it at its Reading, U.K office in January and at its Mountain View headquarters in February.