Sterimed acquires stake in ATH Medical


sterimed ash medical acquisitionSterimed announced that it has bought a 70% stake in ATH Medical. Geoffrey Broninx, founder of ATH Medical, will have the remaining 30% stake in the company. The financial details of the deal were not disclosed.

ATH Medical creates traceability solutions for healthcare centers. It is known for its WhiteReader and Ancitrak products that help enhance productivity in surgical suites and sterilization centers while making surgical tray assembly safer. It was the 2014 recipient of the Innoster prize and won first prize in the science category at the World Federation for Hospital Sterilization Services in 2016.

“We have been very impressed by the ATH Medical teams, by their energy and motivation and by the products they have developed,” said Thibaut Hyvernat, CEO of Sterimed. “This relatively new startup has already enjoyed a series of successes and has all the strengths of a large company We believe that the cooperation between our teams will spur on the two companies and lift our innovative endeavors to the next level for the benefit of both customers and patients. We shall do everything we can to help the ATH teams reach and exceed its goals.”

Sterimed specializes in sterilization packaging and infection control and operates in more than 70 countries.

“We are very pleased the receive this endorsement from the Sterimed Group,” said Broninx. “There are obvious synergies between our two companies which will allow us to progress faster and further. To accelerate its development, ATH needed support and resources for R&D and to improve its regulatory and sales functions, and we are confident that we have found the right partner.”

[Want to stay more on top of MDO content? Subscribe to our weekly e-newsletter.]

How do you know your technology is disruptive enough to break conventional wisdom?

textadimage Stan Rowe knows a little something about bringing disruptive technology to market. The current Edwards Lifesciences CSO was in on the ground floor of two of medtech's most disruptive treatments, stents and transcatheter aortic valve replacement.

On December 12th, Rowe will sit down with MassDevice editor Brad Perriello for a long ranging discussion about the inside story on how these technologies came to market and what Rowe learned along the way.

Register now with the code "TAVR" and save 15% today.

Speak Your Mind