QuickSplint is an interim dental splint used for the diagnosis of pain in the teeth, muscle and jaw.
“QuickSplint works similarly to an anterior deprogrammer, preventing contact between posterior teeth, interrupting occlusal memory, allowing for condylar seating, unlocking interference, and allowing the pericranial musculature to relax and recover,” according to QuickSplint.
It is designed specifically for short-term use of up to 4 – 6 weeks.
The splint is designed with two parts, a Lexan splint tray with bite registration material and a liner.
“When we saw QuickSplint and the positive reviews coming in on the product, we felt that it served a need for our customers,” said Matthew Alles, Marketplace Product Manager for Benco Dental.
QuickSplint gives dentists the ability to offer their patients an immediate solution for pain and protection including:
- Diagnostic aid for parafunction and bruxism
- Post-op healing aid to help jaw muscles relax and recover after dental treatment
- Post-op temporary protection for anterior provisional veneers, newly placed implants, periodontal surgery, endodontically treated teeth, and other new dental restorations
- Anterior bite-plane/Deprogrammer
- Transitional or emergency appliance