ALTOONA, Pa., Feb. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Delta Health
Technologies® LLC (“Delta”) announces the availability of the
complete Delta Excellence in Therapy Report, detailing the findings
from the Delta National Excellence in Therapy Forum, a
first-of-its-kind, national effort to develop strategies and
guidelines to ensure that homecare patients receive appropriate
levels of therapy services. A leader in the homecare software
industry for more than 40 years, Delta develops specialized
solutions and services for homecare, hospice and private duty.
In September 2010, more than 80 nominated clinical experts from
around the nation spent several days working collaboratively
through six topics related to proper and consistent documentation
of therapy services, including:
- Utilizing Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) data
to determine referrals to appropriate therapy services;
- Management of specific areas of the comprehensive assessment
that have been challenging for therapists;
- Ensuring a therapy evaluation visit provides justification for
- Ensuring therapy interventions are consistent with assessment
- Documentation needed to support the level of care provided,
including tips for reviewers; and
- Appropriate utilization of therapy assistants.
In addition to Delta, forum sponsors included the National
Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC) and Fazzi Associates,
the industry’s leading best-practice research firm.
According to Keith Crownover, Delta president & CEO, the
report addresses the concerns expressed by regulatory and oversight
groups and demonstrates the industry’s desire to ensure that every
homecare patient receives the rehabilitative services that they
need to return to independent living.
“In the past year, th