NEW YORK, May 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Reportlinker.com
announces that a new market research report is available in its
The Drug-Eluting Stent Market Outlook to 2016
The DES market has seen tremendous growth since the introduction
of DES in 2003, but the market suffered setbacks in 2007 on the
release of clinical data that indicated a link to increased
thrombosis. Sales of DES have since stabilized owing to the
introduction of novel stents with proven superior therapeutic
properties over the traditional bare metal stent.
Features and benefits
* Assess the major market trends including mergers and
acquisitions, and licensing agreements and their impact on the
* Identify the growth strategies of the leading market players
and their likely impact on the future DES market.
* Identify key innovations that will shape the DES market of the
* Gain insight into the influence of the emerging economies in
determining the present and future DES market size.
* Identify emerging companies that are likely to compete in the
near future with the leading DES manufacturers.
The DES market has been traditionally characterized by low
levels of innovation. However, with the shift in hospital
purchasing models from the current sole-supplier model to the
capitation pricing model, innovative products are t