SEPAC designed the SETB electromagnetic spring engaged tooth brake to deliver reliable, consistent operation within medical applications. This power off brake offers large bore sizes, low backlash, high torque-to-size ratio, a high number of index positions, positive engagement and a reliable coil with custom voltages available. These features, many not commercially available elsewhere in the marketplace, make it a top choice for medical applications such as: robotics, scanning equipment, and treatment tables.
Highlights of the SETB include:
- Less than 0.5° of backlash within the brake once properly installed
- A high number of index positions
- High temperature Class H insulation fully potted coil rated for 180°C
- Typically a 2:1 reduction in size when compared to a friction style brake with similar torque ratings
- Lead wires can also be routed through the bore or the rear of the magnet body