The new converters are ideal for healthcare products where small size is required and parts are applied to patients, according to Traco (San Jose, Calif.).
The TIM 3.5 and TIM 3.5SM families each inclue 28 models offering inputs of 4.5~12 / 9~18 / 18~36 / 36~75Vin and outputs of 3.3 / 5 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 24 / ±12 / ±15 Vout.
The 3.5 W DC-DC converters provide reinforced insulation with high isolation of 5,000VACrms (250VACrms working voltage) and low leakage of less than 2uA.
All models are certified to IEC/EN/ES 60601-1 3rd Edition for 2xMOPP compliance and suitable for B and BF rated equipment.
Other features include:
- Operating temperature range (full load) of–40 to +90 °C;
- Efficiencies up to 83%; remote on/off control;
- EMC compliance to IEC60601-1 4th edition and EN55032 Class A or Class B with external components;
- Operating altitude up to 5000 m;
- Under-voltage lock-out;
- Overload protection;
- Short-circuit protection.
All models are manufactured according to ISO 13485 Quality Management System, Risk Management process according to ISO 14971 and manufactured according to IPC-A-610 Level 3 standards and backed by a warranty of five years.
More information is available on Traco Power’s website.