The 2017 Excellence in Surgical Products Awards will be presented in the November/December issue of Surgical Products. Leading up to the publication of that issue, nominees will be featured on the Surgical Products website. The submission form is available online, and nominees for this year’s awards are accepted through September 29th.
Category: INFECTION CONTROL
Product description and innovation synopsis:
Philips Azurion is the new-generation image guided therapy platform that allows healthcare professional to easily and confidently perform procedures with a unique user experience, helping to optimize hybrid OR performance and provide superior care. Azurion unites clinical excellence with workflow innovation. It is designed to help physicians perform procedures more consistently and efficiently. With the new future proof platform, practitioners can deliver outstanding care and grow their service line over time.
What sets this product apart from others available in the industry?
According to research by Philips:
• 100 percent of users believe the possibility to access and control more applications at tableside, will reduce the need to walk between the exam and control room
• 100 percent of users believe the possibility to display Checklists & Protocols will help minimize preparation errors
• 91 percent of users believe the concept of using Procedure Cards helps standardize the way of working
• 87 percent of users believe the possibility to access and control more applications at tableside will lead to less miscommunication
• 91 percent of users believe it will help reduce procedure time
• 96 percent of users are satisfied with how easy it is to use
How does this product benefit the surgical team and aid in better outcomes?
FlexVision Pro provides full control, at tableside, of all applications so users can focus on what matters most, the patient. It improves the workflow in the exam room and it helps reduce the need for team members to leave the sterile area and walk to the control room during procedures. This can save time and help avoid delays. Save time through instant parallel working because the Azurion interventional suite has been designed to enable interventional team members to do two tasks at the same time in the exam room and control room — without interrupting each other.